What is coding?
Coding is a fantastic way for students to understand computational thinking and it encourages them to be creative when solving problems collaboratively.
The possibilities with coding skills are endless.
Coding is a process to find solutions to problems
Recommended steps to begin creating with code: Reference
1. Define your problem: Think about what you want to solve/ achieve?
2. Design your solution: Project planning, algorithm design (flowcharts/storyboards), “Pitch” idea.
3. Implement your solution: This might involve coding or creating the product.
4. Test and debug: Does it work the way that you want it to work? Test & fix! Find “bugs” in code by “debugging”.
5. Evaluate solutions: Did it meet your desired goals? What was the impact? How could it be improved?
6. Communicate ideas: Share your creation (online, school, family).
At Guildford we are trying to integrate coding skills across different subjects. It is such a great tool to use for presenting, explaining and creating new ideas.
Some of the many coding websites available are:
[wmd-buttons style=”stiched” button_color=”#ddaa33″ font_color=”#000000″ size=”3″ border_radius=”4″ position=”left” target=”_blank” ls-id=”56ad6e50ceba6″][wmd-buttons-button label=”Scratch” link=”https://scratch.mit.edu/”/][wmd-buttons-button label=”Hour of Code” link=”https://code.org/learn”/][wmd-buttons-button label=”Made with Code” link=”https://www.madewithcode.com/”/][wmd-buttons-button label=”Blockly” link=”https://blockly-games.appspot.com/”/][wmd-buttons-button label=”Pencil Code” link=”https://pencilcode.net/”/][/wmd-buttons]