Welcome to your first Basic Skills lesson!
WALT: use and explain different comprehension strategies
TIB: Good readers use a range of comprehension and reading strategies in order to comprehend different texts. Our brain works automatically to use multiple strategies at once. This helps us to have a deep understanding of texts we read.
– What do you do when you read?
– What is your brain thinking about while you read?
– What are some of the strategies called?
Let’s find out if you are right……..
* Watch video
* Choose a tool to present your information (Word, prezi, popplet, bubblus, padlet)
* Record at least 6 things you know about comprehension strategies
* Include headings, sentences and examples.
* Contribute to my shared padlet listing one thing you know about reading comprehension strategies. Make sure you record your name on the wall.