34P thoughts about Excel

34P students have been learning about Excel Spreadsheets.
excel

Here are some of their intial thoughts:

Ibby – I learnt that you can type at the top to where you want to go.

Jerome – 34P have learnt how to use coordinates on an excel spreadsheet.

Ahmed – we had lots of fun using Excel spredsheets. You can scroll down for a long time and it is like an infinite list.

Jana – I learnt how to solve a riddle with an excel spreadsheet. We learnt a new way to use spreadsheets by using the bar at the top to write a cell number.

Zach – I learnt that you can write at the top c3 and it goes there.

Ainsley – if you are writing in a cell and there are too many words, you can double click at the top of the cell.

Danny – I learnt how to solve a problem using the coordinates from excel. Also it was a very hard puzzle to solve but the activity was still fun!

Alan – I solved a puzzle on Microsoft Excel, today! It was really fun and I used a really smart shortcut!

Sarina – I learnt that the letters and numbers on excel is an axis. I would love to learn more about excel.

Nicole – On Microsoft Spreadsheets you could make the cells more narrow. I also learnt to make it easier you can write a letter and number and it will show it to you.

Muhedesa – I learnt that we can make our cells bigger or smaller depending on the size in excel spread sheet

What do you know about Excel? What else have you discovered? Why might people need to use Excel in their jobs?

One thought on “34P thoughts about Excel”

1. One example could be for tracking sport scores. I used Excel to keep a track of the T-Ball results over the year. It tells me how many home runs each school achieved, who they played and whether they won each week.